Our customer policy aims at discouraging the disconnection of our services, but rather using all available means that give the customer the opportunity to pay.These include sending reminders through:
– Electronic and print media campaigns encouraging prompt payment of bills
– Bills posted to be accompanied by a caution to pay
– 14 clear days is given to the customer within which he/she should have paid the bill.
– Once in a while carry out physical visits to encourage customers to pay
– Confirm that the customers have not paid before issuing the disconnection orders.
– Effect disconnection as the very last resort
– During disconnection if a customer produces proof of payment such as receipts, effect the re-connection of service.
– First disconnection to be effected through a rubber seal.
– Failure to pay within one month, a disconnection from the main to be effected.
Reconnection will be carried out after:
– Full payment of the amount due
– Part payment and, signing of agreement/promissory note to pay the balance by installment.
– Payment of reconnection fee as per our tariffs
– All paid up customers will be reconnected within 24 hours.